A group of prominent employers in the greater Washington DC region released a blueprint calling for investment in smarter transportation. The document, entitled Capital Region Blueprint for Regional Mobility makes numerous recommendations including:
- Modernizing Intercity and Commuter Rail
- Improve Roadway and Trail Performance – including enhancing congestion pricing
- Create High-Performing Public Transit
- Grow Employer Mobility Programs
- Expand Access to Opportunity
- Enable Technology-Driven Future
- Reform Governance and Funding
The blueprint calls for additional investment in transportation of almost $7 billion a year through 2045 above already-planned spending of $12.3 billion a year.
CoaST policy director Jason Pavluchuk had the following to say about the blueprint:
Once again we see a group of employers recognizing the need to significantly improve our transportation system. The Capital Region Blueprint for Regional Mobility offers a mix of strategies that goes beyond calling for more money. This blueprint offers a number of smart transportation policies that will address the challenge of congestion. The Coalition for Smarter Transportation applauds this effort and looks forward to working with the Greater Washington Partnership.
For more information on the blueprint – click here