Tompkins County and Cornell University Transportation and Delivery Services hosted TransportationCamp Ithaca – Technology / Transportation this past weekend in Ithaca, New York.
People attended regionally and virtually from across the globe via Zoom and Facebook Live. TransportationCamp was originally organized in 2011 by OpenPlans in New York City as an ‘unconference’ conference in 2014 OpenPlans passed the baton to Mobility Lab. The format consists of attendee-led discussions and sessions.
This is the third year that such event was held in Ithaca, the last being in 2018.
Event organizer Gary Creemens had the following to say:
“Transportation and mobility play a large role in many lives, my concentration has been on reducing single occupancy vehicles. It is great to see different people looking at solving problems with technology and taking the time to look holistically at transportation and mobility. Such as Mobility as a Service (MaaS), by understanding open and closed data, there are great partnerships and collaborations being developed as we speak that save vehicle miles traveled (VMT) across the world. I am very excited to see how these progresses over the next ten year. “
A complete summary of the conference can be found here:
Below are shareable links and information about TransportationCamp Ithaca – #TransportationCamp.
Other Transportation / Mobility Resources
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/tdmsocialmedia (Closed Group – Over 400 Members)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/BikeShareNews (Closed Group – Over 200 Members)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricVehicleResearchAndNews (Closed Group – Over 200 Members)
- TDM Listserv (TRANSP-TDM) – https://www.cutr.usf.edu/programs-1/transportation-demand-management-2
- Best Workplace for Commuters – https://www.bestworkplaces.org
- Coalition for Smarter Transportation – http://www.smartertransportation.org
- Association for Commuter Transportation – http://actweb.org
Posters, Pictures, and Content You Can Use
Other Social Media Channels You Might Like